we lose ourselves to become
the ideal person for “the one” —
or rather, the one we believe
is “the one” because we can’t
accept the fact that who we are
is already the ideal person
for someone else,
including all the flaws and faults
that lie within us.
we lose ourselves to be loved
by somebody, or maybe even people,
who don’t deserve to love us
in the first place.
this is so important
Jeff Hong - “Unhappily ever after”
It’s all so sad and thought provoking until you get to Chicken Little lol
I babysit for a girl who use to think her mom’s name was “my love” because her dad said it so often to her and that’s just freaking cute I can’t
- Kiss like you mean it.
- Remember their birthday, every year.
- Make them feel special, even on a monday night with a forecast of rain.
- Befriend their Mom, she will tell you stories that no one else can.
- Order each other food at restaurants, just to try something new.
- Shower together, you may learn to love your body, by seeing the desire and passion in your partners eyes.
- Leave notes when you go out for the day, it will make you feel safe.
- Watch the Breakfast Club, and pump up your fist in the end, even if it only happens once.
- Care for each other when sick, soup is the easiest thing to make.
- Make chocolate covered strawberries in summer simply because you can.
- Go fishing with their Dad, and listen to what he has to say, even if he may have trouble saying it.
- Give each other little presents, even if its just a rose on friday the 13th.
- Get angry, but forgive.
- Love, love with all you’ve got.